a Connecticut-based research, training, consulting and publishing firm established in 1981. Our President, Dr. Anthony F. Gregorc, is the creator of the Mind Styles™ Model, originator of the four style types: Concrete Sequential (CS), Abstract Sequential (AS), Abstract Random (AR) and Concrete Random (CR), and the developer of the Gregorc Style Delineator™.
Our Mission is to:
Promote depth-awareness of
people, places and things
Foster harmonious relationships
Reduce negative harm
Encourage rightful and timely actions
research-based learning, teaching, and administrative style products and services and presentations and specialized training for:
||Sane Moral Leadership
||Core-level School Reform
||Savvy Enlightened Citizenship
Our clients and customers include:
private individuals, leaders, teachers, professors, consultants, psychologists, mental health professionals, family and marital counselors and clergy. Among the hundreds of schools, businesses and organizations we serve are:
|Anthem Blue/Cross/Blue Shield
||Georgia State University
||River Valley Comm. Coll. (NH)
|Apollo College (AZ)
||Girl Scout Council
||St. Cloud Hospital (MN)
|Bank of America
||St. Mary's University of MN
|Baylor College of Medicine
||Habilitative Services, Inc.
||Habitat for Humanity
||Sacramento County Schools (CA)
|BLM Nat'l Interagency Fire Center
||Hartford Hospital (CT)
||San Bernardino Cty. Schools
|Bob Randall Associates, Inc.
||Sec. Schools Admission Brd.
|Boise State University (ID)
||So. Dakota State University
||IL Principals' Association
||Texas State University
|CA School Leadership Academy
||Int'l Fish and Wildlife Agency
||The College Board
|Camosun College (Canada)
||Johns Hopkins Health Care
||University of Calgary
||JP Morgan Chase
||University of Chicago
|Central Florida Comm. Coll.
||Justice Center of Atlanta
||University of Illinois
|Charles Schwab & Co.
||Kaplan Higher Ed (IL)
||University of Minnesota
|Chicago Child Care Society
||Katy (TX) ISD
||University of Missouri
|Children's Hospitals and Clinics
||Lee Memorial Health System
||University of Tennessee
||University of Texas
|Clark County (NV) Schools
||Life Cycle Engineering
||US Army, Navy and Air Force
||Life Long Learning (CA)
||US Dept. of Agric & Forestry
|Conflict Resolution Academy
||Lock Haven University
||US Dept. of Defense
||Loma Linda University
||US Dept. of Education
||Lutheran Family & Child Services
||US Dept. of Homeland Security
|DST Systems, Inc.
||US Dept. of Veteran Affairs
||Pasco (FL) County Schools
||US Environ. Protection Agency
|East Carolina University
||Penn State University
||VA Commonwealth University
|Educ. Service Centers (TX)
||People to People Ministries
||Wells-Fargo Home Mortgage
|Federal Aviation Admin.
||Performance Learning Systems
|FL Assoc, of School Admin.
||Providence (AK) Med Center
||WorldMark by Trendwest
|Frostburg State University (MD)
||Wyndham Vacation Ownership
||Riverside County Schools (CA)
PRESENTATIONS FOR DISCRIMINATING MINDS
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes
but in having new eyes.
If your group or organization is ready to look at its potential and challenges through new eyes, we invite you to consider the presentations of Dr. Gregorc for future conferences, meetings and trainings. His broad range of experiences, insights, humor and talent for relating to a wide spectrum of audiences have made him a unique national and international speaker.
Below are some of his current speech/keynote and workshop titles:
- The Mind and Its Styles
- Applying Mind Styles Research to Classroom Activities
- Designing the Schools Again for the First Time
- A New Essential School Administrative Role: The Minister of Defense
- Laws of Nature that Unerringly Control the Learning/Teaching Process
- When Educators Keep Their Words
- Giving Ichabod Crane the "Golden Handshake"
- Not Leaving Children Behind is a Moral Issue for Educators
- The Top 10 Reasons Why Schools Won't Really Change: Ending Our Naivete and Enabling Activities
- Training for the System-Thinking School Leader
- Moral Leadership: A 21st Century Imperative
- Building a Powerful and Productive Team and Board
- Enlightened Citizenship: The Road NOT TAKEN and the Consequences
- Dealing with the Surge of "Dark Forces" in Present Day Personal and Political Activities
Check the Speeches and Workshop pages on this site for brief descriptions of several of these presentations. Additional topics can be custom tailored to meet your group's needs.
top of page
KEY TENETS OF THE MIND STYLES™ MODEL
The following elements form the foundation of the style-oriented services and products we provide:
- Every human being is endowed with a uniquely proportioned set of mental qualities for interacting with the world.
- These endowments manifest as specific behaviors, characteristics, mannerisms and products known collectively as style.
- Our mental qualities cause us to be attracted to specific people, places, and things that are appropriate for us. They also cause us to reject and be rejected by inappropriate people, places, and things.
- When we live in harmony with our endowments and environments, we live an authentic life style with a sense of rightness and fulfillment.
- When we live in disharmony with our endowments and environments, we live a false life style with a sense of wrongness and emptiness.
- Each of us is endowed with Free Will which continually prompts us to choose between harmony and disharmony in our lives.
- When we deviate from our true nature, mental and physical discomforts and crises occur as warning signs and opportunities for us to restore balance in our lives.
- "To be or not to be" true to our inherent nature is a question that no one can avoid.
Q & A ON STYLE
Dr. Gregorc provides insightful and realistic answers to selected questions on the FAQs on Style page of this site. The questions were gathered from graduate and advanced seminar students, workshop and presentation participants, clients, and from individuals who telephoned, wrote letters and sent e-mails.
All of these questions and hundreds more are included in Mind Styles FAQs Book.
Categories of Questions:
Both sources offer information for increasing understanding of the breadth and depth of his work.
NO NONSENSE SCHOOL REFORM
This section of our Home Page is dedicated to introducing Dr. Gregorc's unabashed work on core-level reform of America's schools. Below are selected questions that are addressed in his presentations.
1. America's attempts to improve its schools will continually fail because they are built on a falsified picture of the world. Why does that picture persist?
NCLB -- A WAKE UP CALL
2. King Baltassar received a fateful, coded warning that was "written on the wall" by a disembodied hand. It had to be "read" and interpreted to be heeded. NCLB is a coded equivalent being presented to the education profession. Will the profession be able to "read" the message and understand its meaning in time?
RECTIFICATION PRECEDES REFORM
3. True REFORM requires the rectifying or removal of some faulty state, corruption, abuse or wrong before real improvement can occur. What specific corruptions, abuses and wrongs must be corrected in order to better America's schools?
SWITCH IN PURPOSES
4. The prime intent of America's public (government) schools was surreptitiously replaced. Why did we decide against preparing our children to live in accord with the original American Dream (Vision)?
5. America's four mottoes, "In God We Trust," "E Pluribus Unum," "Annuit Coeptis," and "Novus Ordo Seclorum," are printed on the back of the one-dollar bill for all to see. How many of our politicians and 315 million citizens know their meanings and profound implications for leadership, citizenship and schooling?
GIVING THE SHIP AWAY
6. The role of teacher is a vocation (calling) with clearcut accountabilities and assigned duties. Why then has the profession abdicated its inherent purposes, powers, rights and responsibilities to politicians, religious leaders, entrepreneurs and individual parents?
7. Why do faculty members and graduating students wear differentiated priestly garb (robes and hoods) at ritually-based graduation ceremonies?
LACK OF DISCRIMINATION
8. Why have the critical distinctions between teaching, instructing, educating and training been blurred and lost?
9. What would school practitioners be obliged to DO AND NOT DO if their Ethics Code began with the moral imperative, "Above all, do no harm?"
VICTOR AND SPOILS
10. Who and what benefits if the schools fail to fulfill their inherent obligations to the Nation and its inhabitants?
Statesmanship and politics are distinctively different in intent.
The word POLITICS stands for the
"art, science and practice of manipulation to one's own advantage."
He that is good for making excuses … is seldom good for anything else..
In battling evil, excess is good; for he who is moderate
in announcing the truth is presenting half-truth. He
conceals the other half out of fear of the people's wrath.
We can be contacted at:
GREGORC ASSOCIATES, INC.
COLUMBIA, CT 06237
Phone or Fax: (860) 228-0093
The Phoenix symbol, Mind Styles and Gregorc Style Delineator
are trademarks of Anthony F. Gregorc, Ph.D.
© 1999-2013 Anthony F. Gregorc, Ph.D.